[h-e-w] Rant on speed and stability problems with EmacsW32.

From: Nicolas Buduroi
Subject: [h-e-w] Rant on speed and stability problems with EmacsW32.
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:56:52 -0400

Hi, I'm a Emacs user who recently got to work on Windows. So here's my
little rant: First thing I installed on my machine is EmacsW32, but
I'm incredibly disappointed by it's horrible startup speed and the
fact that sometimes it doesn't even start, it just hang there with a
blank screen. I've tried it on many different computers, but it's
always the same thing, the "Emacs Client" window that appear on start
up really got lots of problems. I've already tried to start Emacs
directly, but there's some missing features. I'm getting so desperate,
I'm looking to learn Vim!!!

I really can think of any reason for such slowness. We're talking
about 20+ years old software guys!!! On a modern machine it should
start up nearly instantly.

Oh! And I really don't like seeing 'Waiting for Emacs to start' during
5 seconds when it is already started and usable.

I'll try the Cygwin version for now...