[h-e-w] Adjusting Emacs, please help

From: TriKri
Subject: [h-e-w] Adjusting Emacs, please help
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:50:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello! I have just installed Gnu Emacs for windows, and there are just a
couple of things I would like to get adjusted for the moment.

I am writing applications in C/C++, and the first have to do with
indentation. When I press tab, the row is indented. The current indent width
is two spaces; I would like to get it to four spaces. I have searched in
almost all settings topics, under Editing->Indent, and under
Programming->Languages->C. What is "Standard Indent"? Isn't that how many
spaces the indent width is? Anyway, that setting is 4 now, but it is
certainly not the indent width. Then there is something called "C Basic
Offset", which I have tried to change to 4, but it doesn't seem to have any
effect. Can anyone help me change 'this thing?

Of course I save all settings and set them for the current session as well.

Another thing is the M-x compile. When I type that, the standard command
will be "make -k". Since I'm running windows and using MinGW, I would like
to change the standard to "mingw32-make -k". Can anyone help me do that?

Thanks in advance!
/Kristofer