[h-e-w] find-file space-bar completion

From: Beverley Eyre
Subject: [h-e-w] find-file space-bar completion
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:14:08 -0700

The version of EmacsW32 that I currently use won't do completion when I invoke find-file (\C-x\C-f) and press the space-bar. I talked to Lennart about this, and he told me that, because some file names have spaces in them, this function was disabled and now in invoked with the TAB key. He also said that there is a variable that you can set that will revert the keybinding back to SPC. I have been unable to find it, so I thought I'd ask the folk here whether anyone knows what it is?

TIA.

Beverley Eyre