Re: [h-e-w] MS Windows Keybinding

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] MS Windows Keybinding
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 23:41:46 +0100

On 10/29/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Actually, I think Lennart pushed it enough at the time.

I remember that. The key words here are "at the time". Moreover, if
someone fails to convince other developers of the goodness of his/her
patch, perhaps there are technical reasons for it...

> FWIW, I'm quite opposed to low-level keyboard hooks, because they
> bring in an enormous complexity when one wants to deal with non-ASCII
> keyboard input.

And FWIW, I looked at the patch and it seemed to me like too much
complexity for too little gain. Perhaps I'm biased.

             Juanma