Re: [h-e-w] Windows Vista M-x shell crash

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows Vista M-x shell crash
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:04:42 +0100

Euser12 wrote:
> Vista is 32-bit.
>
> If you can refer me to this fix in Emacs bug report, I'd greatly
> appreciated.

It was posted to bug-gnu-emacs a few days ago, but it won't be relevant,
as the previous problem only occurred on 64-bit versions of Windows. So
we still need to find out the cause in your case. Any extra information
you can give would be a big help. For instance, the results of the
following:

M-x getenv SHELL
M-x getenv COMSPEC
C-h v explicit-shell-file-name

Any further information in the crash dialog. Preferably, download Dr
MingW from www.mingw.org, which will give better information about
crashes than the standard windows crash dialog.