Re: [h-e-w] Windows Vista M-x shell crash

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows Vista M-x shell crash
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:48:27 +0100

Euser12 wrote:
> Vista version is the final release.

That's not exactly what I meant. There are a large number of variations
of Vista, in both 32bit and 64bit variations. It often helps to know
what version problems are occurring on.

> I tried Gnu Emacs 21.3 and 21.4.19 and Xemacs 21.4.19.
>
> Never had any problems invoking shell in Windows XP.
>
> I've heard other people also seeing the same problem with no resolution so
> far.

I've only heard one similar report, and it was fixed within hours of
being reported. Emacs has a bug reporting mechanism built in. It helps
if people use it. Perhaps you could repeat that suggestion wherever it
is that you heard these people.