Re: [h-e-w] Showing file names with emacs+emacsW32

From: Stéphane De Cara
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Showing file names with emacs+emacsW32
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:10:36 +0200

Hello,

I solved the problem by changing the file type "EmacsFile" properties in the windows explorer.
File association -> .c (for example) ->  advanced  -> modfy  -> add  qoutation marks ("...") around  c:\Program Files\Emacs\bin\emacsclientw

It works now just fine.
That's maybe something you want to look at for the coming release.

Thanks,

2007/7/13, Lennart Borgman (gmail) < address@hidden>:
Stéphane De Cara wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use the (patched) precompiled Emacs 22.0.990.1 that comes with emacsW32.
> I switched the full customization of emacsw32 on. In particular, I want
> to have the file names showing up at the top of the emacs window.
> During the installation, I also did the proper asscoiations ( e.g. with
> my .tex files). When I a double-click on a file with a long name in the
> windows explorer, the emacs server and client are launched properly.
> However, the filename is shortened and capitalized ( e.g. "FOO_1.TEX");
> I really thought those days were over...
>
> There is no problem if I open the file from emacs, or drag'n'drop it
> from the windows explorer. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for telling this. I will look into this for the patched version.
However it would be good if someone else tested with the released
version of Emacs and sent a bug report if the bug is there too. (From
"Help - Send Bug Report" in Emacs.)