[h-e-w] Showing file names with emacs+emacsW32

From: Stéphane De Cara
Subject: [h-e-w] Showing file names with emacs+emacsW32
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:24:30 +0200

Hello,

I use the (patched) precompiled Emacs 22.0.990.1 that comes with emacsW32.
I switched the full customization of emacsw32 on. In particular, I want to have the file names showing up at the top of the emacs window.
During the installation, I also did the proper asscoiations (e.g. with my .tex files). When I a double-click on a file with a long name in the windows explorer, the emacs server and client are launched properly. However, the filename is shortened and capitalized ( e.g. "FOO_1.TEX"); I really thought those days were over...

There is no problem if I open the file from emacs, or drag'n'drop it from the windows explorer. Any idea how to fix this?

Many thanks,

St.