Re: [h-e-w] Emacs crashing when using "open file ..." and looking in the

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs crashing when using "open file ..." and looking in the Desktop after already doing that
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 04:31:19 -0400

> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:30:44 +0100
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> I gave up trying to get the hotfix, as Microsoft support claims my OS is
> out of support when I try to contact them.

Maybe we should try to uninstall (i.e. unregister) only PDFShell.dll,
which is the shell column provider that is evidently the culprit
(indirectly).  The StartupList program (a small wonder in itself) will
show it to you under "Column Handlers", and if you right-click on it,
you can jump to its Registry entry, where you can remove it.

Can someone please try this, and see if removing it has any
significant adverse effects on Acrobat?  TIA