Re: [h-e-w] about multi language input

From: 王冬
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] about multi language input
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:34:05 +0800

3x to your suggestion.

But although the inner input method maybe is good at inputing japanese , but the inputing of chinese is so unconvenient that it can't input the chinese character rapidly enough.
I am using Google Pinyin to input chinese now .

And i think there must be some problem on my emacs setting , and  i just want to find it , but not to get help by changing input method.

And also , i just want to know , whether this is a "bug" on emacs mule , which can't recieve charator of multi language on Win32.

On 6/21/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:11:56 -0700 (PDT)
> From: winterTTr <address@hidden>
>
> when i
> ( set-keyboard-coding-system 'cp932 )  ;; meas japanese coding
> or use the default setting , the input of japanese is ok
>
> but , when i
> ( set-keyboard-coding-system 'cp936)  ;; means chinese coding
> the input of chinese character is always to be "??"
>
> and I'm sure that the this is not the problem of font.
>
> Did anyone have the some problem , and how can i deal with it ?

I suggest to use Emacs's own input methods.  Type C-u C-\ and select
the input method you want.