Re: [h-e-w] pdb problem

From: sthfrnth
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] pdb problem
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:19:15 +0800

Great!
It works when using the "-i" option.

The shell is Microsoft's cmd.exe.
Yes, I can get a successful interactive session if I type "python".
In the shell, I run something like this:

  python c:\Python25\Lib\pdb.py D:\Temp\hello.py

and it is OK.

But when debugging in Emacs, I have to:

  Run pdb (like this): python -i C:\Python25\Lib\pdb.py D:\Temp\hello.py

as you said.

Thank you very much, Nat.

On 6/18/07, Nat Goodspeed <address@hidden> wrote:
At 06:22 AM 6/18/2007, sthfrnth wrote:

>I am running
>    GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.2.3790) of 2007-06-02
>on
>    Windows Server 2003.
>
>When debugging python program using pdb, the source file and the
>output from the program do not display. When I hit "q" to terminate
>the session, all the output and the source code buffer appear at once.
>
>What causes this problem? How to fix it?

   What shell are you running (shell-file-name)?
   Can you, from your shell, type 'python' and get a successful
interactive session?
   I find that (with GNU emacs 21.3 and cygwin bash) I need to use
'python -i' to persuade the Python interpreter to use unbuffered
console I/O. Perhaps adding -i to your pdb command would help.