Re: [h-e-w] unicode path displays wrong in minibuffer

From: Johan Rex
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] unicode path displays wrong in minibuffer
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:07:06 +0200

I just thought Windows uses unicode for filenames.

Anyway, I think I know how to reproduce it. I have deleted my .emacs file and .emacs.d directory so as to rule that out. I have .txt files associated with "emacsclientw.exe -n". When I doubleclick on a .txt file with swedish characters in the filename e.g. "bäst.txt" the error occurs. But when I invoke emacs from the commandline with
emacsclientw -n "c:\Documents and Settings\23052547\Desktop\bäst.txt" all works well.

So something happens when I doubleclick a .txt file that doesn't happen when I use the command line. More suggestions on what to do to narrow it down further?

Anyway, the problem seems to occur only when I invoke emacs through emacsclientw.exe

On 5/29/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 21:56:27 +0200
> From: "Johan Rex" <address@hidden>
>
> Wrote d:/- Johans/tr\344ning/2007.txt

As I wrote in gnu.emacs.help , I cannot reproduce this.  Can you try
this in "emacs -Q"?

Also, I'm curious why do you say in the Subject "unicode path".  All I
see in your report is a file name with Latin-1 characters, I don't see
anything Unicode.  Could you please explain?