Re: [h-e-w] Printing from emacs on a windows box with a USB printer?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Printing from emacs on a windows box with a USB printer?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 22:48:03 +0300

> Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:23:13 -0400
> From: "Michael Campbell" <address@hidden>
>
> I gmail-searched this group and couldn't find anything (nor anything
> on the ntemacs faq), but I was wondering if anyone has figured out how
> to print from emacs to a USB connected printer.  Hopefully this is
> something basic I'm overlooking.
>
> I don't need anything fancy; just a plain text dump with no faces etc.
> would be sufficient.

Assuming you are using a sufficiently recent pretest of Emacs 22, how
about just trying to print?  Emacs is supposed to figure out the
default printer automagically, and in most system configurations it
really does.

If this doesn't work for you, try the same from "emacs -Q", perhaps
your .emacs setup interferes with the defaults.

If that doesn't help either, install PrintFile32 and use it as your
print program (the Emacs manual describes how).