[h-e-w] pb with the use of Merge

From: LaurentHelpEmacsWind
Subject: [h-e-w] pb with the use of Merge
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 21:54:02 +0200

Dear Emacs for windows list,

   I use GNU Emacs 21.3 and I have a problem when I try to merge two files with the Merge
menu. When I type "n" in the control panel to find the first difference I have
the following message :

/cygdrive/d/cygwin/bin/diff3: subsidiary program `/usr/bin/diff' not found

Since I can't install any software on my C: disk I installed emacs in D:\emacs directory and the cygwin programs in d:\cygwin and I added "d:\cygwin\bin" in my PATH.

 May somebody help me to make Merge work.

On the other hand, I would like to add that the Compare (Ediff) menu works fine.

Best regards