Re: [h-e-w] EMACSw32 problems

From: Nelson E. Ingersoll
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EMACSw32 problems
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:18:47 -0600

Dominique,

   I'd been running EmacsW32 from 2007.04.09 until I read your message.  I
downloaded and installed the latest version, i.e. what you picked up;
2007.04.17.  I've been using it for an hour or so.  I don't normally
minimize Emacs; however, I tried both the Ctrl-Z and Window's API minimize
button followed by a "right-click" close and didn't experience a problem.  I
am running XP Pro fully anointed with Microsoft patches.

   My only suggestion is to trouble-shoot the problem by, as best you can,
dividing your .emacs up to discover what might be causing the problem.  Just
put the semi-colon in from of sections to remove.  For ease of recognition I
usually start each line I comment out for debugging etc with something like
";;_a;" and the next with ";;_b;".  Makes it REAL easy to search for and
remove function-specific commenting later.

   The other issue with Cygwin I can't test.  While I use Cygwin; I don't
generally run it from within Emacs and I don't use latex.

   HTH

- Nelson
  Music running through my head is Sonata Arctica, "Winterheart's Guild"