Re: [h-e-w] Images in W32 build and starttls/smtps question

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Images in W32 build and starttls/smtps question
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:32:08 -0500

If you're trying to build the latest emacs from CVS with image support
on XP, I found this site very helpful:

http://derekslager.com/blog/posts/2007/01/emacs-hack-3-compile-emacs-from-cvs-on-windows.ashx

I've encapsulated the bulk of the instructions on this page into this:

------------------------------
.#1 Compile emacs with MinGW 11:20 ([[2007.03.05#1]])
See
[[http://derekslager.com/blog/posts/2007/01/emacs-hack-3-compile-emacs-from-cvs-on-windows.ashx]]

Get the latest source
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/emacs co emacs

GnuWin32 utilities
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/texinfo.htm

GnuWin32 image libraries (get bin and source)
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libpng.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/jpeg.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/giflib.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/tiff.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/xpm.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/zlib.htm

Get the MinGW (GCC) compiler at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=82721&release_id=158801
(download the Base tools and MinGW make.)

In a cmd window

set PATH=c:\Utils\MinGW\bin;%PATH%
configure.bat --cflags -IC:/Utils/GnuWin32/include --cflags -msse2 --cflags -O3
--no-debug --with-gcc
mingw32-make bootstrap
mingw32-make info
mingw-make
mingw32-make install
 - will install to its current location. If you move the emacs
   directory after compiling, you need to rerun the set path command
   and configure script prior to executing this.

Copy the image lib dll's from c:/utils/GnuWin32/bin to emacs/bin
The libraries are:
 - giflib4
 - jpeg62
 - libpng13