[h-e-w] speech driven Emacs

From: Eric S. Johansson
Subject: [h-e-w] speech driven Emacs
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 21:45:05 -0500

there are some people who have been maintaining (barely) the gateway between NaturallySpeaking and Emacs. They are running into some problems and I'm wondering if there's anyone here who could help out a bit with solving the problem and making a tool useful again to us disabled speech recognition users

Patrik Jonsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Yes, VR mode works, at least some times... :-) I'm still using it with
> Emacs 21.3 quite painlessly. I'm looking into the problem with more
> recent versions of emacs and I've narrowed down the problem to the
> fact that emacs somehow sometimes puts in an extra character 194 into
> the network stream... Not sure what's up with that but I'm looking
> into it. You voicecoders must have dealt with emacs and network
> streams recently, any ideas?
>
> The VR Mode sources are hosted at sourceforge at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/emacs-vr-mode

many thanks

---eric