Re: [h-e-w] HTML printing

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] HTML printing
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:20:18 +0000

Lennart,

Sorry, I have got this completely wrong ;-(

The HTML output where the pre-amble i(lines starting with #+s) converted into headings and footers is in the Org-mode publishing options, not the htmlize-view/quick print options.

So all is working as intended.

I am afraid, that while I am convinced that Emacs is worth learning, I am also finding it very confusing.

Thanks for your time, and sorry again.

Graham

On 24/01/07, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <address@hidden> wrote:
Graham Smith wrote:
> I have just re-installed Emacsw32 and have lost my previous HTML
> printing set up from the menu, that used the following code in .emacs
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path "C:\\Program Files\\EmacAddIns\\HTMLPrint")
> (require 'htmlize-view)
> (htmlize-view-add-to-files-menu)
>
> Of course EmacsW32 adds quick HTML printing BUT  when printing Org-mode
> buffers, the EmacsW32 prints the Org-mode buffer preamble as text rather
> than HTML code to add headings etc to the print out. The additional
> lines in the Org-mode buffer are below
>
> #+TITLE:     Tasks
> #+AUTHOR:    Graham
> #+EMAIL:     address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
>
> #+LANGUAGE:  en
> #+TEXT:      Some descriptive text to be omitted.  Several lines OK.
>

> Is there a way of getting my original HTML printing option back so it takes full advantage of the org-mode features.

I am trying to understand what you want. If I understand things
correctly you have an old htmlize-view.el in the folder you added to
load-path, or?

I think this might conflict with the new htmlize-view.el that is
included in EmacsW32/htmlize-view.el. This one is added to the files
menu as "Quick Print".

Now I can't remember adding anything org-mode specific to
htmlize-view.el. Is that something you have added?

Could you perhaps some small part from the preview (Quick Print -
Preview with Web Browser)? Perhaps you can send those to me directly?