RE: [h-e-w] no C-spc

From: Francis Wright
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] no C-spc
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:24:47 -0000

> From:
> address@hidden

I would suspect the BIOS.  I had a Dell desktop machine a few years ago that
did not respond to Ctrl-Meta-L.  I found a BIOS update on the Dell web site,
installed it and that fixed the problem.  I now have the same problem on my
Acer notebook, which I hope I will be able to fix in the same way although I
haven't tried yet.  These problems tend to show up only in Emacs because
most applications don't use so many obscure key combinations.

Francis