Re: [h-e-w] registry settings for python

From: Ryan Krauss
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] registry settings for python
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 22:27:24 -0600

I am also running XP pro.  Here is the entry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File]
@="Python File"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Python24\\Py.ico"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File\shell\Edit with IDLE]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File\shell\Edit with IDLE\command]
@="C:\\Python24\\pythonw.exe C:\\Python24\\Lib\\idlelib\\idle.pyw -n -e \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Emacs\\Emacs\\bin\\emacsclientw.exe\" \"%1\""

There used to be a -n before the %1 in open\command, but deleting it
didn't help.

Ryan