Re: [h-e-w] Using latex within emacs-windows

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Using latex within emacs-windows
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:16:07 +0100

Xiaoqing Wang wrote:
Hi all,

I used latex previously under Unix in a place where there is
administrators.  At that time I
used emacs to edit the file,  then latex file.tex,  dvips file,
gv file.ps.

Now I moved to another place and only the MS windows is available and
I need administrate the PC myself.  I
downloaded the emacs-21.3 for windows.  But I can't use AUCTeX because
the installation for it is too complicated for me ( I am just a PC
user with limited knownlege on PC).  I read the related information in
the FAQ and other resources but can't find a simple solution to use
emacs and latex under windows,  such as using emacs to edit the file,
and do some simple operation and the pdf version will be produced.
Could you give me some suggestions on this?

Many thanks.

Xiaoqing

I think you can find AUCTex together with Emacs 22 (next version of Emacs, yet in late beta test):

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryWThirtyTwo