[h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32 and rss on Gnus

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32 and rss on Gnus
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:54:51 +0100

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> patched version in this area. I wonder about the build dates of the
> patched version you tried before and the unpatched version you are
> using now.

They were different 061214 and 061228. With the patched version of
today rss works again.

> I have noticed this and renamed the shortcut to EmacsClient.

emacsclient opens fine with this patched version.

> I do not know if you personally miss something, but I would find it
> awful to use Emacs myself without the patches ;-)

I also find emacsw32 easier to give to others with no experience with
other editors than notepad.

> To decide for yourself look here:
>
>    http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html#unpatched

I don't why I wouldn't want it.

> EmacsW32 contains other things too of course, see
>
>    http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32Util.html#features

Those are however much more important.

> Most of what EmacsW32 contains is related to MS Windows. However to
> get things out of the door I have now also included Nxhtml and Nxml
> modes for example. They are not at all related to MS Windows, but
> pretty useful for editing XHTML/HTML or XML.

What about adding auctex? What about a
search-and-install-packages-on-the-fly addition?
Something like Miktex package manager.

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html