Re: [h-e-w] RE: EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] RE: EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 11:27:30 +0100

Lennart Borgman wrote:
Victor Hellberg wrote:

I have tried to remove the old emacs 21.3 registry entries and then re-installed EmacsW32 again, but still no luck. I still get the same error message. Is there some way I can debug this problem? Nelson, I would appreciate it if you could publish the .reg file contents – that might fix things for me.

Unfortunately there seem to have been a bug in the installer in Emacs-22-CvsP061205-EmacsW32-1.11.exe. Can you please try the latest version I just uploaded:

Emacs-22-CvsP061209-EmacsW32-1.11.exe

I think emacsclient in this version is OK. Sorry for the trouble. I always try to test the patched version before uploading it, but this time I had some trouble with a firewall bug and fooled myself.

Oh no! It still does not work. My tests failed to catch the problem. Looks like something is wrong with writing the server file. I will look into this today.