Re: [h-e-w] problems with starting shell subprocesses

From: Nat Goodspeed
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] problems with starting shell subprocesses
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:57:58 -0400

At 12:41 AM 10/11/2006, Robert Marshall wrote:

I'm trying to run my company's software from
within a shell buffer - I type the command and nothing happens and only
when I terminate the shell session - by typing 'exit' does the application
start running..

  I don't know whether this is similar or not.
I've had trouble starting window applications from an emacs shell buffer running cygwin bash using:

command &

at the bash prompt. The new application's window fails to appear. Oddly, using cygwin 'ps' once or twice appears to kick-start it.