[h-e-w] EmacsW32 and viper

From: Denny Wright \(dennyw\)
Subject: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 and viper
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:28:31 -0700

Good day,

I've just installed EmacsW32 (Emacs-22-CvsP060830-EmacsW32-1.06.exe). I love the integrated gnuclient but I have one problem with viper mode. It could be contributed to either Emacs or gnuclientw (since that's what is being executed first). Basically, when I open the first file, the status bar indicates (V) for viper mode but I'm still in Emacs mode. Ctrl-Z minimized Emacs. M-x viper-mode doesn't fix it but if I play around with M-x viper-??? hitting tab and such, it starts to work. Once its up, I can open other files and viper works fine.

So I'm curious if this is a known issue with Gnu Emacs, EmacsW32 or gnuclientw? Is there a setting or startup option that I need to change?

Thanks
Denny