[h-e-w] Re: new user keybindings

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: new user keybindings
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:36:39 -0400

A search of my Emacs 22 manual for CUA (C-h r s CUA) results in only two
hits within a single paragraph:

"PC Selection mode
     The command `M-x pc-selection-mode' enables a global minor mode
     that emulates the mark, copy, cut and paste commands of various
     other systems--an interface known as CUA.  It establishes the key
     bindings of PC mode, and also modifies the bindings of the cursor
     keys and the `next', `prior', `home' and `end' keys.  It does not
     provide the full set of CUA key bindings--the fundamental Emacs
     keys `C-c', `C-v' and `C-x' are not changed."

Was I supposed to find a node called CUA Bindings?  I could not.

But I found the source code, cua-base.el, to be extremely
well-documented (C-h f CUA-mode), especially in regard to CUA-mode's
rectangle support.  It appears to be a tremendous improvement over the
native rectangle support that I'm familiar with.

Thanks for encouraging me to look for it!  :)