[h-e-w] way for jumping between next/previous highlighted positions

From: lalit mohan tripathi
Subject: [h-e-w] way for jumping between next/previous highlighted positions
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:27:53 +0530

i am very new to emacs. I use hi-lock-mode to highlight some words in a big buffer, How can i directly jump to next/previous highlighted position other than scrolling buffer?

thanks in advance.
genvia

For the similar thing I use the following approach:

Suppose I want to move point between the following text  "abc", "def", "xyz", "thisfunction *(", "[a-zA-Z_][a-zA-Z0-9_]* *("
then I use the command "isearch-forward-regexp"  (M-C-s or M-C-r) and provide the concatenated string as input, using "|" or operator of regex:
abc\|"def\|xyz\|thisfunction *(\|[a-zA-Z_][a-zA-Z0-9_]* *(

That is the regular-_expression_ searching would help.  Though It becomes a bit slow in a very large buffer when the number of items concatenated is large.  The trick is to store the concatenated regular _expression_ string in some text file, to retreive it in the next session or modify it from time to time.

Regards,