Re: [h-e-w] GNU-SECURE is void

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] GNU-SECURE is void
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:29:21 +0200

Guy Gascoigne - Piggford escribe:
> I'm rather puzzled where that error is actually coming from.  The lisp
> doesn't refer to that variable at all, and the C code just does a
> getenv() on it.

I saw that your lisp sources don't refer to GNU-SECURE (by the way the
environment variable can't be exported using a dash, an underscore is
needed) and that C sources do a getenv to GNU_SECURE. Maybe some
default Emacs lisp module does, I'll double check. But the same
happens with Emacs 21.3 and 22.0.50.1, and the same with old and new
gnuserv.

> the GNU_SECURE variable should be the path name of a file.  That file
> should contain a list of hostnames, one per line.  Note that this isn't
> like a hosts file, it's not hostname and ip addresses, it's just one or
> the other.  It provides a list of names that can then be resolved to
> addresses and then compared with incoming request sources to validate a
> connection.  From your description it sounds like the format might be
> wrong so I'd suggest that you start there.

Here GNU_SECURE value is "C:\gnusecure" and that file contains:

localhost
debian
10.0.4.15

(Yes, the UNIX host is indeed a qemu guest.)

Any further ideas welcome.

Cordially, Ismael
--
We cure any desease!