[h-e-w] Force Windows line endings

From: Ryan Bowman
Subject: [h-e-w] Force Windows line endings
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:16:37 -0700

I run Emacs (21.3.50.1) on Windows XP.  When I open a file emacs
detects if the file contains unix or windows line endings and uses the
appropriate.  When I create a new file it uses Unix line endings.  I
would like emacs to always use dos line endings (because everyone else
I work with uses Eclipse on Windows).
I now know I can use C-x RET c dos RET C-x C-f  to open a file in dos
mode, but that's fairly lengthy to perform everytime I need to open a
new file.  I wanted to write a simple function that called
(universal-coding-system-argument "dos") then called (find-file) but
universal-coding-system-argument seems geared toward interactive
calls.  What is a good way to collect the above commands into one?