[h-e-w] EmacsW32 registry keys and gnuclientw

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 registry keys and gnuclientw
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:20:28 +0100

Hi,

I have installed EmacsW32 as a non-admin user on winxp. I gives two
problems:
1) The registry keys are put in HKLM which the user does not have
access to write in. Could the installer determine whether the user has
admin priviliges and decide where to put the keys instead?
2) The user account somehow cannot run emacs from the shortcuts that
EmacsW32 makes. Could there be a reason for that? Does it require
special priviliges to run gnuclientw?

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html