Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 install

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 install
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:22:18 +0100

Stewart Bryson wrote:
What is the procedure for installing newer versions of EmacsW32? Should I uninstall everything (including emacs itself) and reinstall, or can I safely install over the current installation?

Thank you.
If you mean Emacs on W32 you just uncompress the tarballs to the place you need. Choosing which one to run is just a matter of running addpm.exe to tell gnuclient where to find the exe files.