Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 v 22.0.50.1 Pegging CPU on Win2k

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 v 22.0.50.1 Pegging CPU on Win2k
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:04:14 +0100

Tennis Smith (tennis) wrote:

Hi,

I just installed this version of Emacs for windows. When I bring it up, the CPU pegs to 100% and the Emacs screen goes blank.

Is there a fix/workaround for this?

Hi Tennis,

I am responsible for EmacsW32 which is an add-on to Emacs on MS Windows. I have not yet seen it looping. Can you give me the link to the file you have downloaded and send me a copy of your .emacs if that is possible? Can you do this privately since this is not an official Emacs release? After finding the cause of the error let us take the information back to this list.

BTW the installer with EmacsW32 currently contains a patched version of the developers version of Emacs, which I personally prefer. The developers version is probably soon going into a prerelease. Because of this I am currently planning to also upload an unpatched developers version of Emacs so you can use this for testing and reporting bugs.

Kind regards,
Lennart