[h-e-w] NTemacs and SourceSafe

From: list-emacs-windows
Subject: [h-e-w] NTemacs and SourceSafe
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 09:23:03 +0000

Hi,

I have global-auto-revert-mode turned on, which causes emacs to
automatically revert-buffer when a file changes under its feet.

However, where the file change is caused by a SourceSafe check-in
(which updates change history comments in a source file), emacs does
not detect the change.  This is even though the file timestamp is seen
to change.

If I load/save the file from Notepad then Emacs will revert the
buffer, but when the change is caused by SourceSafe I must manually do
M-x revert-buffer to see the change.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
-bernie.