[h-e-w] Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: [h-e-w] Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:13:13 +0100

I have just updated my web page that recommends unix utilities to use for Emacs on MS Windows. I have a bit changed my mind and now recommend Cygwin installed so that it can handle both CR-LF and LF style line endings. Before I did prefer GnuWin32, but it unfortunately lacks a unix style shell.

If anyone have comments on those recommendations they are very welcome! I am still a bit unsure about Cygwin and would be glad for any comments.

My recommendations are here:

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/w32-unix-progs.html