Re: [h-e-w] Re: help-emacs-windows Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9

From: kokrhac - Ales MATAS
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: help-emacs-windows Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:22:59 +0200

I was using emacs v21.3 under Windows. I was very satified 'cause I'm force to use various encoding for czech language ... I didn't find any other editor which support it in a such elegant way as emacs.

Last week wanted to use aspell with emacs for czech, french and english. It was for Latin-x encoded files ok. But I was unable to use aspell when the file was in utf-8 (also isearch didn't work for letters with diacritic).

I was looking for solution and the most efective one (in my case) was "update to beta" :) Currently I'm running:

"GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2005-06-26 on NONIQPC"

I downloaded the image form
        http://nqmacs.sourceforge.net/
where is already binary compiled for windows.

I'm very satisfied. It's seems very stable. I met some problems (but they could on the side of user ... :) UTF-8 is running pretty well for my purposes. And there were no special configuration to run aspell.

I only copied my site-list and use the same .emacs and there is no chage in my usage of emacs.

        Alladjex

(soory for bad english)

                   CAM - Center of Applied Mathematics
Ales Matas                                     e-mail:  address@hidden
Faculty of Applied Sciences                    phone: (+420) 377 63-2622
Department of Mathematics                      fax:   (+420) 377 63-2602
University of West Bohemia Pilsen              address: PO BOX 314
Czech Republic                                          306 14 Plzen