Re: [h-e-w] Help needed in Maintaining Emacs w32 FAQ

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Help needed in Maintaining Emacs w32 FAQ
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:28:54 +0100

David Vanderschel <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't remember much discussion that opposed the idea
> of folding help for emacs on Windows into the wiki.

RMS once opposed the idea, but I do not remember if it was for the
Emacs-W32 FAQ, or the main Emacs FAQ. His opinion was that the FAQ is
expected by users to be accurate, so the FSF should have some degree
of control over its content. However if his comments were about the
main Emacs FAQ, then he might not consider it necessary to place the
same restrictions on the Emacs-W32 FAQ