RE: [h-e-w] Help needed in Maintaining Emace w32 FAQ

From: Neil Mackie
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Help needed in Maintaining Emace w32 FAQ
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:46:53 +0100

>> I am a newbie in maintaining FAQ's.
>> i am interested in maintaining Emace w32 FAQ,
>> i needed some help.
>> Can some of you guys guide me in this regard ?

My experience is in maintaining a non-technical FAQ but my approach is.

Become familiar with the FAQ so you know which questions have been
answered.
Monitor the mailing list/lists looking out for:
    questions asked more than once.
    answers of substance and quality
    if necessary ask the list for more information to produce a complete
answer
    then add that information to the FAQ editing to improve grammar,
readability.
    maintain the FAQ to remove obsolete information.

>>"help-emacs-windows" mailing list about an idea of migrating Emacs w3
FAQ to Emacs Wiki ?
I would not consider a Wiki and an FAQ equivalent. Their structure is
different, an FAQ is more like a long structured document, a Wiki more
like a conventional web site with a wider variety of content.

Regards,
Neil (J Mackie)

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit
http://www.reuters.com/productinfo

the views of Reuters Ltd.