RE: [h-e-w] lisp library issue

From: Dave Humphries
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] lisp library issue
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:35:13 +1000

Try one of these methods to find/create a .emacs file.

Start emacs then Options >  Syntax highlighting > Save options : this will create a .emacs if you don't have one. Now search for the .emacs file using the Windows explorer search and open the folder in emacs

Alternatively set an environment variable called HOME to the folder where you wish to store your .emacs file then create a .emacs file with the required info and save it in the HOME folder.

Dave