Re: [h-e-w] /tmp/emacs5 unsafe?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] /tmp/emacs5 unsafe?
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:49:25 +0200

Raymond Zeitler wrote:

I just tried upgrading Emacs from v21.3.1 to v21.5, which I downloaded
using this sourceforge link:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/nqmacs/emacs-21.3.50.1-20050130c-w32.
zip?download

I've used gnuserv before, but I thought I'd use (server-start) in its
place, as this excerpt from my .emacs shows:
I do not believe that unfortunately emacsclient/emacsserver is not ready on the ms windows platform. So you probably still have to use gnuserv.

You can get a newer version of gnuserv with EmacsW32, see http://www.emacswiki.org/.

- L