RE: [h-e-w] Title bar blinks

From: Dr Francis J Wright
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Title bar blinks
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:34:57 +0100

> For some reason my title bar blinks in certain modes. I see
> it mostly while in gnus (5.10.6), but haven't noticed it in
> too many other places. This is under Emacs 21.3.50.1 on
> WinXP, SP1. Any ideas what's going on? This is not a
> showstopper, but mostly just an annoyance. Thanks.

I haven't noticed this with Emacs, but I have noticed it with another big
application ported from UNIX running under Windows XP on a relatively slow
machine.  Try disabling Windows XP themes.  You can do that by
right-clicking the shortcut that you use to start Emacs, selecting the
Compatibility tab, and clicking the box to Disable visual themes.  You will
lose the fancy appearance of the Emacs window, but you might also lose the
flicker.

Francis