RE: [h-e-w] I having problems compiling a C program in emacs for windows

From: Postmaster
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] I having problems compiling a C program in emacs for windows
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:57:45 -0700

You need to set your 'compile-command' to be whatever magic commands you
would use to compile your program is your were just doing it from (say) the
command line.

'cc' is the default compiler name that comes on most *nix like systems.
Windows doesn't come with a compiler, so once you get one installed, you
need to set the 'compile-command' variable to invoke it.  You also have
to make sure the compiler is on your search path.

For example, on my system, the magic word is 'build.cmd' - I wrote a command
file to do all the heavy lifting, and EMACS invokes that to do all the
work.

    Michael H.