[h-e-w] I having problems compiling a C program in emacs for windows

From: Mark.White
Subject: [h-e-w] I having problems compiling a C program in emacs for windows
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:40:46 +1000 (EST)

HI,

I having problems compiling a C program in emacs for windows

I am using windows XP and I down loaded the full emacs program unpacked it and got it working.

My problems start when I try and compile a simple C Program – when I try and compile the file after using the commands

<m-x> compile

cc  test-file.c

I get an error message saying

cc not a recognised command

Now I know that I am missing some thing very simple so simple in fact that I can find no reference to it anywhere. Now I am sure that this works in the Linux emacs version.

I would appreciate someone’s help

Mark