RE: [h-e-w] Unsubscribe information, etc. (was "help please")

From: Dr Francis J Wright
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 18:16:47 +0100

> In the case of help-emacs-windows, the relevant information
> is in the full headers of the messages, not in any footer.
> In her response to Darren, Olive had simply appended the
> relevant headers onto her message for Darren's benefit.
>
> Regards,
>   David V.

I suggest it would be better if the unsubscribe information etc. were in a
"footer" that is formally part of the body of the email message, as is the
case with some mailing lists.  The problem with putting information in the
email headers is that not all email clients display all the headers.  For
example, in Microsoft Outlook, which must be a fairly widely used email
client, it is awkward to display any but the main headers such as To: and
From:.  So you have to remember to go and look at them if you think there
might be anything useful lurking there, which usually there isn't!

Francis