RE: [h-e-w] Emacs Installers. Was: Control frame size on startup from.em

From: Footring, Guy \(G.\)
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Emacs Installers. Was: Control frame size on startup from.emacs
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:48:41 +0100

I did something like this to have Emacs, cygwin, etc. on a USB memory
stick.
It took a lot of messing about with relative paths in config files to
get the drive independence needed to be able to move the memory stick
between machines, but it was doable.

No need to touch the registry or other machine settings.  I can simply
plug it into a new machine and run the Emacs shortcut in the root folder
- I suppose I could even have added an autoplay to bring Emacs up
automatically.

Someone with more experience of these things would probably have an
easier time of it.

That still leaves the 'problem' that I don't have file associations when
I plug the memory stick in to a new machine, so everything at Windows
level is drag-and-drop rather than double-click...

[snip]