Re: [h-e-w] Fwd: Re: Control frame size on startup from .emacs

From: Rex Dieter
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Fwd: Re: Control frame size on startup from .emacs
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 07:49:24 -0500

Neil J Mackie wrote:

> Can anyone contribute how emacs is being officially developed on the
> Windows platform and whether the use of the registry and installation
> scripts are sanctioned or not?

Are you saying that you're not even allowed to set/use the *User*
section (HKEY_CURRENT_USER) of the registry either?  (ie, you can get
fired for configuring a Screensaver or desktop background color?)

If it wasn't clear/obvious, my .msi installer (only) uses this
user-section in the case where the user doesn't have the rights to
modify HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

-- Rex