[h-e-w] Welcome to test Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: [h-e-w] Welcome to test Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:23:09 +0100

I have long been trying to write an installer for Emacs on MS Windows. I
believe now that I have something that is reasonable to test. It should work
with both current Emacs and CVS Emacs.

There have been some requests to make the installer able to build Emacs from
CVS repository. I have not included that, but I have instead written a guide
for how to build Emacs from CVS. There is also a tool to check the setup for
building Emacs. (You may think that it is unnecessary with such a guide, but
I have not yet seen instructions that are entirely correct.)

Go to http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/WThirtyTwoInstallationKit to get
more info.

- Lennart