Re: [h-e-w] auto text mode

From: August
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] auto text mode
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:00:28 +0200

-- August

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher G D Tipper" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 12:39 PM
Subject: [h-e-w] auto text mode

Hi all,

I've been using emacs for a few months now, and still mostly use it for jotting down thoughts in text-mode (although context mode in Auctex 11.54 is pretty
cool).

I am getting tired of the C-x b new Ret M-x text-mode Ret routine for creating new documents. Is there any way to make text-mode automatic, instead of emacs lisp mode? I'm sure there is, but I was hoping you would
tell me. :-)

Christopher
 "Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why
  some people appear bright until you hear them speak"
                                         - Steve Wright