[h-e-w] Re: Images in CVS build

From: Miguel Frasson
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Images in CVS build
Date: 29 Sep 2004 07:14:31 +0200

"Richard M. Heiberger" <address@hidden> writes:

> I now have  emacs-21.3.50.1-20040726 from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/nqmacs/
> working.
>
> The NEWS file says PBM and XBM are read out of the box (and they are).
> I need to read XPM and JPG.  It is not obvious how.  The NEWS file says
> "For additional information, see nt/INSTALL.", but there is no such file
> in the emacs-21.3.50.1 tree.
>
> For the moment I converted the XPM files to PPM (PBM) and they appear in
> an emacs buffer when I find-file them.  They do not appear in the toolbar.
>
> Can someone suggest my next step?

Hi

In the following page
   http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/
there is a buid for the cvs Emacs (last build from July).  There it
explains how to have that image files in your Emacs.  It is a matter of
gettingruntime libraries, but it works only if your Emacs was compiled
with the libraries, like in the cvs version provided there.

Miguel.

--
Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson
http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~frasson