RE: [h-e-w] Integrating Emacs with Microsoft Word, in some way...

From: Peter Milliken
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Integrating Emacs with Microsoft Word, in some way...
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:28:48 +1000

Sorry if this has been suggested before - I have an Outlook rule that moves
email into a personal folder and I lost the personal folder the other day
:-(

What about a combination of Pymacs, Emacs and Word? You can write extensions
to Emacs in Python (Pymacs it is called, a Google search will find it) - it
has direct access into the buffers, uses Emacs elisp routines etc etc.

Python has a Win32 interface and can access DLL's etc so you should (??????
:-)) be able to write an extension in Emacs that puts the text directly into
a Word document????? I haven't done anything like this though - so I could
be way, way off base :-)

Depending on how badly you want it of course but it might be worth
investigating :-)

Peter

Warning:  Copyright ResMed.  Where the contents of this email and/or attachment
includes materials prepared by ResMed, the use of those
materials is subject exclusively to the conditions of engagement between ResMed
and the intended recipient.

This communication is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information.
By the use of email over the Internet or other communication systems, ResMed is
not waiving either confidentiality of, or legal
privilege in,the content of the email and of any attachments.
If the recipient of this message is not the intended addressee, please call
ResMed immediately on  +61 2 9886 5000 Sydney, Australia.