Re: [h-e-w] Printing from Emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Printing from Emacs
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:56:14 +0200

Hi Gerald,

If you want just simple printout (they can still be in colors) you may try
w32-winprint.el which you can find on http://www.emacs.wiki/. You can find
it in the ElispArea there. (The name is wthreetwo-winprint.el since numbers
are not allowed in the file names there.) You need htmlize.el too which you
can find on http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el

w32-winprint.el converts the document to print to html (htmlize.el does the
job) and then send this to windows default printing for html files.

I am currently rewriting w32-winprint.el as w32-print.el. The basic
functionality will still be the same.

If you want more professional printouts (like ps-print.el can do) then you
can use Ghostscript and GSview with Emacs. The setup of this is more simple
if you go to Vinicius Emacs page and get the new version of ps-print.el and
printing.el.

- Lennart